Thursday 30 June 2011

X-Japan @ Shepherd’s Bush Empire, England


 




On June 28th, X-JAPAN officially started their world tour at Shepherd’s Bush Empire venue located in England!

At this live, the band performed ten songs – including their new single, “JADE” – in front of approximately two thousand of their European fans. “It’s like a dream. I wish I could stay in this moment forever,” said YOSHIKI to the crowd.

During the encore, YOSHIKI appeared back on stage with TOSHI to deliver a special message about their past guitarist hide, who tragically passed away in 1998. “After hide’s death, I could not imagine myself here. Even after our ten year reunion as a band, I wish hide could be here with us. But, in a way, hide is here with us right now…” he said, trailing off as tears began running down his face.

The performance lasted approximately two hours, and included a ten song set-list. After their performance, top news companies such as Reuters and BBC interviewed the band and covered this event.

“This is my first time coming to an X-JAPAN performance,” said a young English woman about the performance. “I really liked how HEATH played his bass guitar. I was able to meet different people at this event.” Another fan who arrived from Paris early in the morning just to watch this concert enthusiastically commented, “X-JAPAN is an amazing rock band! I’m going to attend all four of their performances [in Europe].”

Shepherd’s Bush Empire was established in 1903 and has hosted other famous artists such as The Rolling Stones, The Who, David Bowie, and Bon Jovi.

Read on to see the set list and photos from the event!

===

<2011.06.28 Shepherd’s Bush Empire Set List >
01. Jade
02. Rusty Nail
03. Silent Jealousy
04. Drain
05. Kurenai
06. Born to be free
07. I.V.
08. X
09. Endless Rain
10. Art of Life

Source: Tokyohive Barks

No comments:

Post a Comment